Welcome to Geography Auckland, the Auckland branch of the New Zealand Geographical Society. On this page you will find
- contact details for the branch
- copies of the newsletter containing information about branch activites
- information about grants available to members of the Auckland branch
- information about office holders and executive members of the Auckland branch
Branch Officers and Contact Details
President: Graeme Campbell
C/- School of Environment
The University of Auckland
Private Bag 92019
Professional Geography Liaison: Kiri Le Heron
Committee Members: Nick Lewis, Jane Foster (AGTA), Richard Le Heron, Daniel Exeter, Ward Friesen, Lyndsay Blue, Erena Le Heron, Lucy Baragwanath, Joe Fagan, Annie Bartos, Regan Soloman, JC Gaillard, Brendon Blue, David Haywards
Honorary Auditor: Nihal Jayawickrama
Branch Representative on NZBoGT: Mary Robinson (St Cuthbert's College)
Innovative Fieldtrip Competition 2013
Congratulations to Mary Robinson (St Cuthbert's College, Auckland). A copy of the judge's comments about the winning fieldtrip can be downloaded here.
Geography Auckland Newsletters
Geography Auckland Grants
Geography Auckland makes funds available for grants-in-aid to assist members with geographical activities. Grants are currently available in two categories:
- Student attendance at conferences
- Annual grants to full members for participation in geographical activity
Applications are considered in February and August of each year. Applicants must be current financial members and have been members of the Society for at least one year prior to application.
For application guidelines and forms, please click here.