Reviewing Assessment Approaches
These questions could be used in a department discussion or for individual self reflection. This could then be a starting point to consider other approaches and plan for their implementation.
Assessment approaches could include self and peer assessment, learning logs, in class tests, collecting portfolios of evidence, research assignments, presentations, common assessment tasks, student voice eg. class surveys etc.
- What approaches are currently used to formatively assess student progress?
- What approaches are currently used to summatively assess student progress?
- What happens to the data collected? What use is made of this data? By the class teacher and/or HOD/HOF?
- How are assessments marked and moderated?
- What approaches do we currently not use and why? (consider barriers that may prevent this from happening)
- What approaches could we trial? What would be the benefits of these?